Saturday, January 19, 2019

"God is Light" - Narthex Art by Betty Braig

"God is Light" by Betty Braig


  • God is the light of the world - Light of Lights.  Jesus Christ is the King of Kings.  The Holy Spirit works salvation of souls
  • The Bible holds the Living Words of God and are depicted in gold leaf with illuminated shapes radiating out to the world.
  • I LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE HILLS is the first part of Psalm 121 and a theme verse for Mountain View Lutheran Church.
  • The Mountain Shape represents the Superstition Mountain Range, the backdrop of the church and represents the earth in general.
  • The Good Shepherd - I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and may sheep know me - I lay down buy life for the sheep.  The scene represents the joys of finding the individual lost soul.
  • The Star in space represents Eternity.  It also reminds us of promises made and kept to guide our lives.
  • Angels & Children of Light are shown communing with God.
  • Living Water - Whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst; the water that I shall give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. (John 4:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment