Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Resurrection Stained Glass Window Dedicated

Our newest stained glass window, The Resurrection, has been installed in the columbarium as a memorial gift from the Lyle Erickson Family.  The scene has been created based on John 19:41-42 and John 20:14-18:

“There was a new tomb in the garden and Jesus was laid there. Early the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw the stone had been rolled away from the entrance and the burial cloth put aside. She turned around and saw Jesus. When He spoke 'Mary', she cried out ‘Rabboni’. Jesus said, 'Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go, tell my brothers that I am returning to my Father and to your Father, to my God and your God.' " 

The window was designed by Betty Braig, MVLC member, and fabricated by Kachina Glass, Mesa.  It was formally dedicated at worship services on November 2nd and 3rd.



No comments:

Post a Comment