Friday, December 20, 2019

Sing for Joy

I think most of us like to sing or to listen to music. There is something about music that fits our moods and lightens our spirit. Even people who cannot carry a tune in a bucket love to sing. God gave us this wonderful ability and I think it is one of the best gifts we have. God also gives us many reasons to sing.

I cannot tell you how many times I have sung praises to him when the sun rises or sets, when I see a rainbow in the sky or stand at the top of the Grand Canyon. I also thank God because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The psalmist says he sings for joy because God is our refuge and protection. He is the God who loves us and whom we love. We rejoice because blesses us and keeps us safe from all harm. He surrounds us with his favor and blessing each and every day. How many times do we thank him for all these blessings. Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again REJOICE!

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."  Psalm 5:11

Pastor Mark Friedrich

No comments:

Post a Comment